Gillian Robinson (RN, BN, Director)
Author of the book “Excellence in residential care: a guide for managers and nurses”, Registered Nurse and Lead Auditor, Gillian has over 30 years experience as a health professional, manager in a number of industries, Certified Coach, quality systems developer and business owner.
During this time Gillian has worked in nursing, management and senior advisory roles within the aged care sector including a number of temporary (statutory) management roles in facilities on behalf of regional DHB’s. Those roles have been in response to complaints being laid against those particular facilities.
Gillian has developed a solid reputation in the residential care setting specializing in quality systems policy and procedures development (including health and safety systems), operational management, legislative and contractual compliance, human resources, personnel coaching, service review, restructures and audit. Documents reflect best practice and are evidenced based.
Gillian has also development national aged care software which includes the NZ national aged care online bench-marking programme.
Guest speaker at nursing conferences in Christchurch and Auckland including at the NZ Nurses Organisation national conference in November 2014 where Gillian presented 3 different sessions.
Well placed to support you on your journey, Gillian enjoys coaching her clients in achieving Compliance to contractual and legislated external requirements while focusing on excellence in care services.
An interview with Gillian
- Bachelor of Nursing – Registered Nurse
- Certified Coach (XL Results Foundation)
- Lead Auditor
- Certificate in Quality Systems Auditing Principles
- Certificate in Quality Assurance
- Certificate in Practice Nursing in Laboratory Medicine
- Partial Bachelor of Business Studies
- Multiple nursing, management courses and seminars
- Multiple studies in Neuro-linguistic Linguistic Programming (NLP)
NZACA Nursing Leadership Group member
New Zealand Aged Care Association (NZACA)
Health Informatics New Zealand
Clinical Informatics Leadership Network
New Zealand Retirement Villages Association
New Zealand Nursing Organisation Gerontology special interest group
Technical Communicators Association of New Zealand Inc.
Clients range from groups of healthcare providers to individual providers in a cross section of workplace settings. Recent clients include but are not limited to
- Residential Care Providers throughout New Zealand (Rest Home, Hospital, Retirement Villages and Dementia care services)
- Community Based Providers (Homehelp and Community support organisations)
- District Health Boards contracted services – Canterbury, Southern, Nelson / Marlborough, Westland, Waitemata and Northland
- Crown Law Office – investigative reviews
- Registered and Enrolled Nurses (groups and individuals)
- Coaching clients for enrichment in personal and professional context
We look forward to helping take you to the next level!
Rachael Heart – Executive Assistant
Rachael came to work with HCSL in 2013 from a background in Administration, and Office support in positions where attention to detail was the main priority. These included the Vehicle Insurance industry, the Inland Revenue Department and the Real Estate Industry.