HCSL are pleased to announce that from January 2018, you will be able to access clinical online tools for:
- Initial assessment and initial care plan.
- Short term care plans (and evaluations)
- Long term care planning (and evaluations)
- Progress notes
- Restraint/ Enabler restraint management (and evaluations)
All mobile device compatible so you can be with your residents rather than stuck in the office!
HCSL bringing cost effective, specifically designed tools for the New Zealand residential care sector. The Corporates have their tools, why shouldn’t you have the same advantage?!
To find out more and get a no obligation free quote for use contact us here.
Mobile app now available for conducting your residential care ARRC specific internal audits.
There are a full range of internal audits pre-loaded ready for use. Collectively, these audits reflect the criteria Certification auditors will be checking.
This process gives you the opportunity to be sure you’re on track with achieving compliance. The findings auto-populate into corrective action tables which prompt timely addressing of these corrective actions. This system syncs with your main computer system and makes reporting to management and Governance boards very easy.
The Certification auditors (after given specific access authority with your permission) are also able to access the results of the internal audits you’ve completed.
To view a brief video on the use of this system, click here.
We provide a number of aged residential care education workshops throughout the year. Topics include:
- Code of Rights (includes Advocacy, Informed consent, Privacy, Advance Directives, Open Disclosure, Complaint management)
- Conflict Resolution
- Cultural and Spiritual Safety
- Restraint (including Enablers) safe practice and minimization
- Challenging behavior management (including de-escalation strategies)
- Clinical documentation and managing clinical risk
- Quality and Risk management
- Infection prevention and control surveillance
- Death and dying – loss and grief
- Leadership skills for managers and nurses
- Intimacy and sexuality in the elderly
- Skills for orientation ‘buddies’
- Stress management and
- Advanced communication skills
The workshops will initially be held in Christchurch however could be presented in other areas if the interest is high enough. Please feel free to contact us with your requests.
Bogged down in paperwork? Wasting your time re-inventing the wheel, creating documents to meet audit requirements?
- Are you spending unnecessary time on researching, developing and reviewing policies and procedures?
- You don’t need to do this any longer!
- You can now get back to doing what you enjoy!
Healthcare Compliance Solutions Limited (HCSL) supports you in achieving Certification and contractual audit outcomes through provision of a completely integrated tried and tested quality system. This system consists of a set of policy and procedure manuals accompanied by the relevant clinical practice forms. Everything you need in customised ready to use hard-copy manuals AND accessible in-the-cloud. To view a brief video demo of the system click here.
This documented Quality System has been developed and continuously refined by us over the past 15 years taking into consideration all legislation and contractual requirements for Aged Residential Care setting.
Our Quality System package which continues to pass numerous audits in multiple facilities nationally for both Certification and District Health Board contract (ARRC) audit purposes consists of:
- Policy and procedure manuals to guide meeting compliance requirements
- Fully indexed and cross referenced
- Incorporates the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work; and Food Safety Act legislation
- System accompanied by coaching and mentoring services
- Flexibility to enable modification to meet the specific requirements of your facility.
- User friendly format
- Written in practical common sense terminology
Service contracts ensure ongoing updates are provided as regulatory requirements change. A number of our clients have achieved Four Years Certification.
Policy and Procedure manuals are grouped as:
- Human Resources
- Organisation Management (includes quality and risk)
- Entry (admission) and Consumer Rights
- Safe and Appropriate Environment (Health and Safety; and Infection Prevention and Control)
- Services delivery (care services)
- Food Services
- Village (RVA related policies and procedures for those with Village facilities)
During service provision HCSL work alongside you to ensure that your system is adapted to your specific needs and provides guidance for consistent service which in turn retains happy clients for your facility. Where clinical practices are identified as not complying with current accepted best practice, you will receive mentoring and support in the change management process to achieve improvements.
Don’t waste any more of your precious time – make contact today to gain access to a System that will support you in achieving Certification, and can be maintained on your behalf!
Research indicates that 80% of clients transferring their business (and money) to another service provider leave without ever saying a word. Independent consumer surveys gain feedback in a pro-active way that empowers clients and increases client retention.
We conduct surveys on your behalf to gain stakeholder feedback on their perception of your service. Their responses are analysed and a documented report is completed which identifies areas of perceived excellence in service provision and identifies opportunities for improvement where these have been identified.
Gaining stakeholder (i.e.; family/whanau) feedback is a health sector audit requirement and you need to be seen to be utilising the information gained which is what we support you to achieve. Use our time rather than your own!
To find out more click here.
Coaching (sometimes referred to as Mentoring) is a process which supports you making gains beyond that which you thought possible! As a Business man or Business woman you inject your own energy and personality into your business. Is your business lacking energy and productivity or growth? Is that a reflection of you?
People tend to avoid having a close look at themselves and then wonder why their success isn’t as great as they see being achieved by others. Coaching and Mentoring are an opportunity for you to be a leader in your field of expertise; not a follower!
Coaching provides the opportunity for you to have a confidential working relationship with an experienced coach to eliminate limiting factors and enhance your skills, focus, knowledge and competence.
- Gain satisfaction in your life, work role, health and fitness, finances, leisure activities and overall enjoyment of life!
- Gain in confidence and self-esteem!
- Enjoy a ‘bigger’ more enriched life!
- Ensure the work role you perform is matched with your personality!
- Gain clarity on what you want from your business?
- Achieve things you wish you could achieve but thought weren’t possible?
- Are you ready to change?
All these aspects of life CAN CHANGE! You deserve MORE!
Through participating in Coaching you can make gains you never thought possible. For me there is nothing more satisfying than seeing you have “light-bulb moments” which propel your life forward. Coaching is not the same as Counselling and does not dwell on the past. You can not change past events, however through Coaching you can dramatically alter your future direction and focus by changing patterns to make better choices and gain improved results in your future.
The relationship between Client and Coach puts you in charge and is based on trust, is non-judgmental and is a confidential partnership designed to achieve the gains you desire. Sessions are one-to-one however you may also like to attend some of our workshops which include:
- Goal setting
- Communication skills
- Stress management
- Gaining balance in life
- Self-esteem and confidence building
- Successful relationships ( range of topics in this category)
As a Registered Nurse, experienced Business Manager and Certified Coach, Gillian looks forward to receiving a message from you to say you’re ready to take your life to the next level.
Don’t waste any more time – make contact with us today to start investing in your future.
Clinical Supervision follows a similar path to professional coaching and mentoring however is focused on clinical nursing practice. Clinical Supervision provides one-on-one support for Registered and Enrolled Nurses to improve their skills and knowledge through reflective processes.
Clinical Supervision is a confidential service which follows a similar path to professional coaching and mentoring, however it is focused on reflective nursing practice. Clinical Supervision provides one-on-one support for Registered and Enrolled Nurses working in the Residential Care setting to improve your skills and knowledge through reflective processes.
Clinical supervision generally takes place in a neutral environment so that you have privacy which allows you to discuss freely the issues affecting you in your nursing role. We utilise an eclectic approach to coaching, incorporating a number of coaching models to assist you in achieving optimum outcomes.
Working in residential care especially when there is only one Registered Nurse working at a facility, can be very isolating. Clinical Supervision is a great opportunity to ensure Nurses are on track with their nursing practice and keeping up with best practice in residential aged care. This is also a great opportunity to access expertise that provides peer support and prompts reflective practice.