“HCSL has been incredible easy to navigate since we went live on the system on the 1st of October. Our team have people with varying levels of technology literacy and the ease of this system has meant that staff are more confident to use technology and see how it can help to improve time management by not having to double or triple up on written documentation.”
Alexander House Rest Home
We are very pleased to have recently been granted 4 year MOH Certification! No corrective actions and three Continuous Improvements.
This follows on from a fully attained Partial Provisional Audit that was required prior to opening our two new wings earlier this year with no corrective actions.
Make no mistake! HCSL policies, software and support have played a major part in these accomplishments. The HCSL software we use means we have easy access to information in real time.
I started working with Gillian of HCSL shortly after I took on the role of Facility Nurse Manager at Bethsaida Retirement Village six years ago. The facility was not using Healthcare Compliance Solutions policies at the time and perhaps this was reflected in the previous audit results.
Gillian is always responsive to emails and phone calls which is critical when timely advice is required.
The HCSL regular newsletters are interesting with relevant and up to date information on issues affecting aged care.
Gillian is a lovely person to deal with. She is thoughtful, professional, pragmatic and I have always found her to be keen to help, with practical advice on any issues that might arise in the management of a retirement facility.
I thoroughly recommend HCSL to all aged care facilities.
Tracy Holdaway (RN BN)
Facility Nurse Manager
Bethsaida Retirement Village
As a RN, Facility Manager and Consultant in Aged Care I have used various Aged Care software packages over the years.
Feedback I have received from RNs and caregivers using HCSL system includes the following:
- Takes less time to find information about residents
- More resident focused and less task focused than using tick box task lists.
- Able to edit information quickly.
- Easy to upload and save information in the documents folder.
- Easier to do monthly quality analysis as the information is quicker to find.
I am very impressed with HCSL software as I have found it delivers in the following ways and is:
- Intuitive and timesaving – the software prompts the operator – for example to create a short term care plan if documenting an adverse event such as wound care. The one click action means less time taken trying to open a new screen or change functions such as finding care plans or progress notes.
- Quality Assurance is able to be maintained in a timely and comprehensive manner with an internal audit system and corrective action logs in addition to monthly analysis of adverse events and infections.
- NZ ARC compliance requirements are continuously updated – in care
planning, and resident information requirements documentation and procedures and policies in the individualised Facility Documentation library.
- Very responsive service- the HCSL team quickly respond to questions and seek and use client feedback to continuously develop and extend the software capabilities. HCSL is New Zealand based so information is relevant to nursing and care giving in New Zealand.
- Developed and managed by a very experienced NZ Nursing leader in aged care who has comprehensive knowledge of and experience in quality and compliance systems in NZ aged care.
Anne Sheard, RN.
We have been working with Gillian and Healthcare Compliance Solutions Ltd (HCSL) for more than 4 years.
Compassion, quality of care services and their drive for excellence inspired by the quest for excellence in care put Gillian and her team at HCSL in a league of Its own.
In the ever evolving science of aged care, HCSL systems and aged care software program has proven itself not only as a world class quality health system but also demonstrates that it’s person centred and current best practice. It is designed and developed based on scientific evidence to ensure the delivery of best quality of care and supporting best quality of life to all our clients.
The inclusive, consultative and the facility specific approach of Gillian and her team is absolutely outstanding with constant follow up on changes. These include new improved plans to ensure the best quality of care, practices and bench-marking incorporating the latest best practices, outcome based, with the main focus on quality of care and safety for our residents and staff at all times.
Using HCSL and all the quality services it provides ensures we are up to date with the latest policies and procedures relevant to the current care practices. It also gives us peace of mind that we are audit ready at any given time.
Based on these systems, our residents are cared for in the best possible way resulting in the high demand for our care services and Holly Lea being a highly sought after facility.
For peace of mind and knowing you are dealing with the best quality system in Healthcare we cannot recommend HCSL highly enough.
Juliane Brand (RN, MPH)
Holly Lea Village
Great news, we did very well with the audit.
The Lead Auditor tells us she cannot see we have any corrective actions to complete!
Also she acknowledged a CI from one of the Quality Improvements I completed. She was very impressed with the Quality and risk management systems via your Policies and procedures and says we are using your systems to the max.
Well, where would we be without your Policy and Procedures, they are great to work with – thank you.
Rose Kennedy (Dixon House – Greymouth)
After well over 20 years, I’m retiring and moving on to new ventures. I just wanted to say a huge thank you for being there when I needed you and being a close colleague and work support. Your systems kept us on track meaning audit was always so much less stressful than it used to be. It does mean a lot to me to know you’re there at the end of the phone.
Trudy Doreen Stevens (Owner – Shoshannim Care of the Elderly (Ohoka, Canterbury)